2023 CBA PROTECH Grand Opening Tournament
PROTECH Demo Sessions
Try out a full range of Protech Sports Professional to Beginner model badminton rackets on a Demo Court and explore the 2022-2023 line of clothing with caoch Chan Kwong Being, Head Coach of Capital Badminton Academy, Karin Huang, Protech USA.
This is an unranked, open friendly tournament. CBA-Columbia would like to take this opportunity to do a grand opening ceremony as well as inviting members and jr. players to participate in a fun friendly tournament at our brand new facility in Columbia.
This is an unranked, open friendly tournament. CBA-Columbia would like to take this opportunity to do a grand opening ceremony as well as invite members and jr. players to participate in a fun friendly tournament at our brand new facility in Columbia.
CBA-Columbia and Protect/OnTrend Sports
Saturday April 22nd, 2023 start at 8.30am.
Capital Badminton Academy - Columbia. 9188 Red Branch Rd., #430 Columbia MD 21045
U13 (13 and under Jr. player) open doubles; men doubles and mixed doubles
$25 for 1st event, $40 for 2 events and 3 events for $50
1. Players who lose their first match will be scheduled for consolation competition as time permits.
2. Depending on the number of entries, a further dropdown may be created, as time permits.
All players will start in the “A” bracket.
The loser of the first game will drop to “C”.
In the “A” Bracket, the loser of the second game drops to “B”.
In the “C” bracket, the loser of the second game drops to “D”.
3. Consolation matches will be standard full matches (2 out of 3 games to 21) or as time permits. The Tournament Director may choose to limit Consolation matches to one 21- or 31-point game, or eliminate them, as needed.
4. Umpires and line judges, if available, can be requested for Semi-Finals and Finals matches.
Caps & Seeding
1. In the circumstance that more entries are received than can be accommodated in the available court hours, events can be capped, and registrations will be accepted on a “first-come, first-serve” basis
2. The seedings will be based on the most recent USAB Rankings, recent local tournament results, and then a randomized draw
3. The player registration list and bracket will be released on within a week of the tournament date to allow time to create pairings for those that have requested partners and to update bracket based on seeding.
1. No refunds will be given after the start of the tournament date. Refunds are available only up to 50% of the registration if done before the tournament start date Please contact Fung Foo for any extenuating circumstances.
2. Withdrawals made after the tournament start date will be considered a walkover (WI)
3. Tournament or Event cancellation
If there is a reason for event cancellation or reschedule, due to factors outside of the control of CBA (i.e. bad weather, lack of overall entries, etc.), then a reschedule will be attempted first, and then a refund will be considered
Conditions of Play
1. Tournament grade Aeroplane shuttles will be used throughout the tournament
2. Matches will be the best of 3 games to 21 points in the rally-scoring format
3. A player/team not ready to play within 10 minutes after their match is called may be defaulted
4. 2 game birds will be given to the pairs of opponents when picking up their scoresheets.
5. If more shuttles are needed, please return the two used shuttles and exchange at the desk for new ones.
6. At the end of the match, please bring all used shuttles and the completed scoresheet
1. Prizes and a Medal will be given to finalists and semi-finalists in the main-draw, and to all BCD dropdown first place winners, or consolation draw winners.
2. Please be prepared for a photo op!
Contact Information for seeding, draw, schedule: